Sunday, July 06, 2008

Project 2007 error : "Could not retrieve Enteprise Global Template"

When I try to connect the Project 2007 to Project Server for one of my user few days ago, I got an error from MS Project: "Could not retrieve Enteprise Global Template".

After some googling, Google for "Could not retrieve Enteprise Global Template", I cann't find a sympton and solution that match my situation.

After some diagnosis and reproduction, I manage to isolate the problem into a case that this error only happen for that user on his computer. I recall that this user has just migrated his profile when he join his computer from workgroup into domain.

It turn out that after the profile migration, his MS Project cache location is pointing to a location that he currently do not have permission to access anymore. This cause MS Project to fail everytime when it need to retrieve the Enterprise Global Template from the cache.

This setting is stored in registry. The solution is to remove the setting from the registry and restart MS Project. Remove the following registry key: HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\MS Project\Settings:CacheLocation

,then restart MS Project.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 10:47 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Very good solution, worked very well for us, after a new server.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home