Sunday, March 06, 2005

Hong Kong Week

It has been a great week in Hong Kong. I was sent by my company to attend the Welcom dealer conference in Hong Kong and I also took the opportunity to extend my stay to do some touring.

There was about 20 people from Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Bangkok, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Korea and Beijing attending the conference. The number is just nice for everybody to sit close and network. The conference was held in Harbour Plaza Hotel at Hung Hom, Kowloon. The hotel has a fantastic view across the sea to the Hong Kong side.

Hong Kong is a nice place to be. It is a very different feeling when you see those places that you normally see in Hong Kong movie with your own eyes. The city is clean and the people is nice. I don't get caught with second hand smoke a lot. Peoples around speak Cantonese and their life style is not too much different from KL. It make me feel at home.

The night view of Hong Kong is absolutely fascinating. From the Tsim Sha Tsui harbour, you can see the night view of Hong Kong. The skyscrappers with lights at night looks beautiful.

The still-cooling weather has kept the air cool, clean and chilling. It was very refreshing. However though, the weather has also played on me. It was a heavy haze day when I went to The Peak and Tai Yu San. The visibility was extremely low and nothing much I can see.

What really make this trip exciting for me is I finally got the chance to meet up with a friend who I have been giving advise to on Windows Sharepoint Services. She is a pretty and friendly girl. She has been kind enough to take a boring guy like me out for the weekend to some tourist hotspot and exotic food.

We did a lot of walking over the weekend to the extend that my shoe finally wore off. I was forced to shop for a new pair right away. We have walk from Tsim Sha Tsui to Mong Kok and around Central(Zhong Wan). It was a great but tiring weekend. I can see the tireness hanging on my friend's face. She must has been exhausted.

Lastly, the must-mention is my friend's sister. I think she would be very upset if she couldn't find herself mentioned here. Just like described by my friend, she likes to make fun and laugh. We had a wonderful dinner together having dessert buffet in Grand Hyatt Hotel and probably spent more time laughing than eating. She is really funny. You ask me not to forget you, my respond will be "How could I, babe!".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home